Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Our anniversary

Yesterday was Ryan's and my 5th anniversary, and it felt like another day, but it was so wonderful all at the same time! Payton came in to our room and woke us up around 6:30 and she was so very excited to see that Daddy was in "her spot" in bed. She gave him lots of hugs and snuggles and then hugged and snuggled next to me with my pillow. The three of us cuddled for a bit and then came downstairs to eat breakfast together. Lately on Saturdays or Sundays, Ryan has liked going to the Swap Meet at the Puget Park Drive in. What's nice is he takes Payton with him so they can walk around together and I get an hour or two to myself. Yesterday was the same kind of thing, but Ryan insisted I go get a pedicure while the two of them went for their weekly swap meet visit! How nice!

After I was done with my pedi, I picked Ryan and Payton up from the Swap Meet and then we all ran a few errands and then headed home. The three of us took a nap for a couple of hours (Payton in her bed of course and us in ours). When we got up we relaxed together until just before 8, Ryan's mom and her boyfriend Chuck came over to hang out with Payton while Ryan and I went to dinner and a movie.

Ryan and I went to Alligator Soul, a Cajun restaurant a few miles from our house and enjoyed the live music and the yummy food. Our intent was to go see a movie afterwards since who knows when the next movie we will get to see and we don't go see movies very often. But when dinner was over (around 9:45ish) we were both pretty tired. So we picked up dessert and headed home. It was so nice to have dinner just the two of us and be able to chat without interruptions. What a great anniversary!!

Thank you Joanne and Chuck for coming over and staying with Payton while we were out! That was so thoughtful of you!! :)

If you're ever in the Everett area, definitly check out Alligator Soul! It's sooo yummy!! http://www.alligatorsoulrestaurant.com/

1 comment:

Abbey said...

Happy Anniversary! We'll be celebrating 7 in August - it goes by so fast!