Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, May 30, 2008

Our newest routine

As soon as Payton wakes up, whether it be in the middle of the night (which is rare, thank goodness!!) or if it is first thing in the morning, she will come straight into our room.



Since I've been out on leave, our morning usually goes something like this.. I'll hear the faint sound of her door opening up, causing Lola to jump down off our bed which then tells Luke to get up from his bed on the floor and greet Payton at our door. Payton then walks over to my side of the bed. Since I'm at the latter part of my pregnancy, it's super hard for me to climb into our bed since it is so tall, so I have a little step stool to assist in the process. Payton will climb up on the stool and then hoist herself up onto the bed. Ryan's already at work by the time all of this happens, so she crawls over me and says "Daddy" while patting his pillow and then snuggles down inside of the covers, and then she requests "Mickey".



I feel horrible for what I'm about to admit, but since Payton has been getting up way before I'm ever ready (like 6-6:30), I'll put on the Disney channel for her and I'll doze in and out for 1/2 hour to an hour. Unfortunately Mikey Mouse Clubhouse isn't on until 8:30 and yes, we are out of bed by then, but she does watch a show or two before I completely wake up.



So here's my little bug all snuggled into our bed while watching "The Wiggles", another favorite of hers. I beat myself up for having the Disney Channel "babysit" Payton for a bit in the a.m., but honestly in order for the two of us to get along, all day long, I've gotta do what I gotta do to get a little extra sleep in the morning..

No comments: