Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, May 5, 2008

Under Construction.. but progressing nicely

Our baby girl's room is progressing nicely.. Anyone who has been to our house before, might remember the pretty blue walls that this room had prior to us painting. So far the room has been a bit of a process.

Due to the color of blue that was on the walls, we had to primer the walls twice and then paint it white twice. I really wanted to do the room in stripes and I think Ryan was a bit apprehensive, but very willing to help me out! Actually, Ryan did it all!
Here's a picture of the room after the primer and the white paint was done and Ryan had tried a few test stripes (which were perfect!!) Thankfully Ryan is way smarter than me and came up with a great/easy way to create even stripes.. I thought we were going to have to measure each stripe individually with a tape measure, but Ryan used a vertical poster board to create each stripe. He's so smart! :)
Here's the room all taped and Ryan had just completed painting the pink.
Here's her room with her crib in place and the stripes all done. As soon as we have the room all set up, I'll take another picture and show the final product! We're trying to add in as many brown accents as possible, since the colors are pink and brown.
We're starting to feel more and more ready for this little girl to come home!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I love the room, it is so cute. I can't wait to come over and see the final touches. I have something for you that might help bring more of the brown in. I will bring it to class tomorrow :)

Hilary said...

Love it and so glad that painting went well as I knew you were a bit nervous!