Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Update on our baby girl

Yesterday I had another Non-stress test and an ultrasound. My NST's have been going great! Our little girl is super active while I'm hooked up to the monitor, which is so nice. I think we complete the movements that the doc is looking for, within 5-7 min, which is great. So I've thankfully only been hooked up for 20 min tops, rather than the full half hour. One mom who was in the room with me (only other pregos and a nurse or two can be in the room with us), her baby was asleep and she had been there for almost an hour because he didn't want to get moving.. Not Ryan's and my children! I swear once the straps go around my tummy, it's a dance off! Payton was the same way! I guess our little girls just might be a little alike..

My ultrasound went fantastic as well! Our little girl had a HUGE growth spurt in 12 days. She went from the 18th percentile to the 33%! She gained a bunch of weight in her tummy and grew in length as well. She's weighing in at 5 pounds and 7 ounces and still head down (yay!). I also requested that the sonographer double check that she is indeed a girl (I know, you would think that 7 ultrasounds saying so would be enough for me, but there were a few where they weren't 100% sure) and yes, it's a girl!! I've been having some bad dreams that I was going to have to ask Ryan to run to the store to buy a boy outfit while I was in the hospital, but looks like we won't have to do that!

Also at my appointment, Dr. Klein decided that it was time for me to stop working! I so badly wanted to ask for her to take me out, but she suggested it first! Yay me! So now I get to soak up as much time with my little bug before we welcome another little girl.. I hope Payton doesn't get too tired of me. The only downfall with being taken out is I'm on modified bed rest. Thankfully not full bed rest! I have to sit and relax most of the day, but can be up moving for about an hour at a time, but then relax for couple hours after that. I can't take Payton for walks unfortunatly, but Ryan took her yesterday so they could have some daddy/daughter time and I could sit and read. Dr. Klein really wants me to keep our little baby in until my scheduled c-section.. no early appearances. So she thinks with me being off work and relaxing, it will keep my blood pressure down and baby girl in so she can continue to grow.

With this being my first official day home (I was taken out yesterday, so I didn't have to work, but I was gone for a large portion at the doctor's office), it's already been a bit stressful. Payton's really into pushing the limits and seeing how far she can go before I crack. Thankfully I can control myself pretty well, but there are a few times where some deep breathes are needed!

I'll keep everyone posted on our happenings. Hopefully now that I'm home, I can update a little more. Unfortunatly the past two ultrasounds I didn't get any pictures of our little one. The first ultrasound I forgot them at their office, but yesterday I forgot to ask for some. Next one for sure I won't forget!!

1 comment:

jeannie said...

Rest, rest, rest! Hope that everything continues to go well for you!