Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Go Sox!

Last Friday the Chicago White Sox were in town. So of course we had to get tickets and go see them play. Anyone who knows Ryan, knows that the Sox are his all time favorite team. I had looked at the Mariner's schedule back in March to see when/if the Sox would be playing here anytime this season, and I completely lucked out that they were going to be in town before the baby arrived!

I e-mailed Ryan's manager (without Ryan's knowledge) and requested for him to have the day off, but for her not to tell him. I bought tickets, asked Ryan's mom to watch Payton for the night and then tried to keep the plan secret for over a month, and that's a very hard thing for me to do!!

Well.. my plan didn't quite work out.. Ryan of course saw when the Sox were coming and started bugging me about getting tickets. Long story short, I ended up telling him ahead of time so he didn't buy tickets that we didn't need, since I already had some in our cupboard tucked away.. Ryan was pretty happy..
(this was the 5th picture we had taken, that's why Ryan has the goofy look)
Our seats were pretty good. We were sitting near first base, down the foul line. Luckily a ball didn't come close to either of our faces, because I would've thrown Ryan in front of me!
Yay for it being a nice day! The roof was open and it was a clear night! The stadium however was not very full.

Juan Uribe just hit, and I'm pretty sure that it was a base hit and he didn't get out, but I truthfully can't remember.. One thing Ryan didn't quite like about our wonderful night, I wasn't sure who to route for. I was wearing my Sox hat, but I would cheer on the Mariners. Finally he told me I needed to pick a team, so I sided with him.
It was a great night! Ryan and I had some much needed alone time, saw a great game, and the White Sox won! Which was so important!!

No comments: