Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Morning at Loon Lake

Tuesday evening Ryan packed up the car for me so first thing Wednesday morning Payton, Gracie and I could head out of town to go to Loon Lake with my dad and step-mom. We left the house about 8:15, met Ryan in Issaquah to give him one last kiss before we headed over the pass, and then we met my parents in Cle Elum so we could climb in the truck and go to Loon Lake. Thankfully we were stopping in Cle Elum so I could let Payton stretch her legs for a bit and feed Gracie before we made the long trek. My dad needed to stop in Wenatchee so we made a detour across Blewett Pass and then over through Spokane and into the town of Loon Lake.

Wednesday was a LONG day for the three of us girls! From start to finish, it took us girls a total of twelve hours to get to the lake. Of course we stopped in Cle Elum to get in the truck, then in Wenatchee for lunch and for dad, a couple of more times to feed Gracie, for dinner in Clayton, and then finally for good at the cabin. Phew! What a day! The girls were great! No one got upset or mad for being in their carseats.

Gracie (a little fussy from the long day) and Grandpa (my dad Neil)


View from the deck at sunrise
The following morning Payton, Gracie and I were up at 4:45. The girls and I are sharing a room and Payton heard me changing Gracie's diaper. It was impossible to get Payton back to sleep, so we got up and headed downstairs to play on the deck. It was already so warm and of course absolutely beautiful out! We got to see the sunrise!

View from the other side of the deck
Payton's in good spirits considering how early we all got up! Gracie thankfully went back to sleep for a few more hours while Payton and I played and I drank a few cups of coffee!Posted by Picasa

No comments: