Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Taken too early

Last Tuesday the world lost one of the most loving, supportive, selfless, heroic, kind, funny, wonderful, influential people. My Grandpa Gail, or also referred to as Bapa, passed away the night of Tuesday, May 5th.
My Grandpa was someone who was always there for me and loved me to the fullest. He would do anything for anyone, whether you were an old friend, a family member or a friend of a friend of a friend of the family. All of his life he would put his family first before him. He was a proud Irish man and loved my Grandma everyday.
I'm still at a loss for words that Grandpa isn't here on earth anymore, but I do know that he is in a way better place. Selfishly I wish he was still here with us, but I keep reminding myself that he is comfortable now. I miss him..
Bapa with Payton the day she was born
Bapa with Gracie, the day she was born

Payton, Gracie, Bapa, Grandma and Mugzee
I wish my girls were able to know my Grandpa the way I knew him. He was an amazing man who I hope I make proud. His opinion meant everything to me and always will.

Bapa and Grandma
My Grandparents would've been celebrating their 58th wedding anniversary this September. They have the kind of relationship that Ryan and I strive for. My Grandpa would tell me that you have to like your spouse first, because love just happens.
I know for sure that my Grandparent's liked eachother. I know for a fact they LOVED eachother too!
Grandpa, I look up to you and I hope I can be half the person you are. You have taught me so much in how to treat people, how to love, and how to be the bigger person. I hope I make you proud. I know I'm proud to call you my Grandpa. I will love you for always and miss you forever!! And, until we meet again, May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.
I love you..

5 comments:

jeannie said...

Melissa, I'm so sorry. I remember meeting your grandparents, and I know how much you love them.

Unknown said...

Hello, Melissa I'm so sorry to hear about your loss!! Are thoughts are with you and your family in this time of need!! Remeber the good times it will help you get throught it!! The Griffin Family

Abbey said...

What a beautiful tribute to your grandpa! It's so hard to lose a grandparent that you're close to...my grandma died of Alzheimer's last spring and I still think of her all the time! I think my memories of her grow more vivid as time passes. Take care!

angelp74 said...

Melissa, I am so sorry for you and your family's loss. I got to meet your Grandpa a few times and he was always so kind and soft spoken. Reading this made me cry :(

Stay strong and know that he is in a better place, looking down on the ones he loves.

Hilary said...

I'm glad you did this posting and hope that it some way it helps heal your heart!