Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thankful

We have so much to be thankful for. Every year I am more and more appreciative for what God has blessed me with. We have been thrown a few rocky roads, but the road for the most part has been pretty smooth.
Sadly this year we lost my Grandpa in May. With the holidays here, I find myself missing him more and more. Every time I go to my Grandparents house it still feels like he just isn't home and he's out playing golf and will be home later. However, Thanksgiving made it more real that Grandpa is no longer here on earth with us. This year it was important for me to be with my Grandma on Thanksgiving. I'm truly thankful for the time that I had with him and for the person that he was! I am so thankful to have such amazing Grandparents! I wish everyone could have these two fabulous individuals in their lives!
It gets hard this time of year with trying to see everyone during the holidays. Especially since Ryan and I both work in retail and both of us don't have weekends off. Trying to coordinate days and/or evenings that we can meet up with family for dinner to celebrate a holiday, gets especially tough. Hopefully our family that we didn't get to see knows how thankful we are to have them in our lives and hopefully we get to spend time with them soon!





Sadly, Ryan was sick, so he stayed home. I took the girls to Grandma's for a yummy Thanksgiving dinner. There were only ten of us, total. Many were sick, but were in our hearts as we gave thanks.

No comments: