Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 27, 2008

For Mothers Day

I was chatting with my friend Hilary the other day and she was telling me about how she is 31 and still gives her garbage (like a wrapper) to her mom. I thought that was pretty cute! She wants it to where when Hudson is 31, he will still give Hilary his garbage too. I know it seems like such a small thing, but it's so much bigger! Hilary's mom treats her daughter like her daughter, whether she be 13 or 31. I love it! My friend Natalie, Jordan (Natalie's daughter) and her mom just got back from a girls trip to Arizona to visit Natalie's grandma and grandpa. Natalie was telling me how she loved that after Jordan went to bed, her and her mom would stay up and watch movies. And then every morning they would go for an hour or two walk and just chat. I love that too!

Since Payton has entered my life, I often think about what kind of Mom I want to strive to be..

Of course I want to be close to my daughters, that's without a doubt! I want them to know that they can come to me for whatever. I want to make sure that they both know that I will give without expecting anything in return, that they can call me for advice and their issue will NEVER be used against them, that they can call on me for help and know that I will not expect them to always be able to be available to help me. I want them, as they get older, to know that eventually they will have their own lives, friends and family, and that I will not be their number one priority, but they will always be their Daddy's and my number one priority and that we will both be there for them at a moments notice (given Ryan and I are not on vacation somewhere far, but we would definitely get to them as soon as possible). I want my girls to want to tell me things, but I will never be upset that they didn't want to share everything.. somethings are better kept unsaid. I never want my children to go a day, wondering if Mom loves them. I want to make sure that they know that I will always love them and I support them. I want to be affectionate and warm and understanding. I want to be a good mom.

I'm excited for my children to grow up and I look forward to seeing what kind of women they become. I know in my heart that they will be good people and I will do my very best to make sure of that. I want them to be happy, and follow their heart and do what they know is right. I know Payton's young and our baby is not here yet, but I think it's important to start thinking about this now. Everyday that passes, is an impact on what kind of person Payton is becoming.

I want my children to give me their garbage. I want to take girl trips and for my girls to only have to worry about having a great time on our trip! :)

3 comments:

Abbey said...

Love this post -- the girls are blessed to have you as their mom -- it's very apparent how much you love them and love being a mom.

Jeannie said...

What a sweet post! I guess I never thought about something so little like the trash kids hand you quite like that!

Hilary said...

This made me teary!! You are such a great mom and I know you will have a wonderful relationship with your girls. Everything you wrote describes my relationship with my mom, I wouldn't change a thing about how close she and I are. I'm touched that my sharing my garbage story with you got you to thinking about your relationship with your girls.