Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fools.. I wish it was a joke

Ryan and I bought a car this past December for him to make his wonderful commute in. It's nothing spectacular. It's an '88 Honda Accord, four doors, automatic, gold (an ugly gold at that), and purrs like a kitten. Well, maybe that last description isn't quite accurate.

When we first purchased it, Ryan drove it to work (Issaquah) the very next morning. We were both so excited to start saving money on gas, especially with the threat of hitting $4! So on December 18th Ryan got up at the crack of dawn (5 a.m.) to make his trek to work. About 2 hours later he finally arrived to his destination, we only live about 40 min tops from Corporate. The car would not go more than 35 miles an hour up hill! Now three long, gruelling, time consuming, not too expensive, but irritating months later we thought we were ready to start saving some gas money! I was so excited to get my Honda back from Ryan, since he's been driving it every day while the commuter was being fixed, and I've been driving the Tahoe ($100 a week in gas later just for the green machine).

This morning he left like he normally does and then the phone rang at 8 to see if I would mind meeting him in Issaquah at 2:30 (when he gets off) because the car is at it again! Yes that's right, AGAIN! 35 mph on I-405, and anyone who travels it knows that the incline between Totem Lake and the 85th St exit in Kirkland is not a steep hill, maybe a slight incline. So, we're back at it again.. fixing Wondergold. At first I asked Ryan if this was a joke, but unfortunately it's not.

Ryan is back to the process of elimination and thankfully my father-in-law Gary is so wonderful with cars and has been so generous with helping us out! We seriously can't thank him enough! He's been a huge help and I'm sure he's just as discouraged as we are, but he and Ryan are taking ANOTHER crack at it again this Friday. Wish them luck!

I'll try and take a picture of this beauty when I get home tonight, or maybe tomorrow since it's going to be parked in front of our house until Friday. Yay for driveway art!

**update: Ryan has successfully fixed Wondergold with a simple replacement of both fuel filters! I'm so happy to have a smart husband!**