Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Baby girl update..

Today I am 29 weeks and 3 days and I had my 6th or 7th ultrasound.. (I'm starting to loose track on how many I've had.. I could just go look at the bills, but that could be depressing..) Again, it was another long doctor's appointment!

First things first, our little girl is growing and looking beautiful.. if I don't say so myself. She is now in the 28%, which is so good! She's weighing in just under 3 pounds and her heartbeat is strong and so are her kicks and punches. She's been head down since I was 22 weeks along and has stayed put since.

I have to say, this pregnancy compared to when I was pregnant with Payton, is so much different.
-I was a little sick with Payton in my first trimester, but that stopped once I hit 13-14 weeks. With this one, I started getting really sick at the beginning of my second trimester and still occasionally get sick, and I'm in my third trimester now!
-Payton was breech and never once turned and this little girl has been down for awhile now.
-Payton had very low amniotic fluid and this one has plenty
-I gained a pound a week with Payton and so far have gained less than 10 pounds (yay!)

It's just crazy how each pregnancy is different. I thought for sure I was having a boy with how much different they are, but nope.. it's a girl! :)


We found out at our last ultrasound appointment that the baby's placenta was close to my cervix and that they were hoping it would move away, but today they saw that it moved a little closer. Dr. Klein (my high risk doc) said that it means that I would have to have a c-section since during labor the placenta would deliver before the baby. Thankfully we had already planned a c-section so nothing changes. Dr. Klein also said that since the placenta is pretty close, it could cause bleeding to start before I go into labor. Thankfully it doesn't mean that it's going to cause bleeding, I just have to be aware and call Dr. Skrypzak (my o.b.) if it does happen.
Long story short, baby is growing wonderfully, I'm healthy (even though I got into a little trouble with the fact that I haven't been taking my blood pressures at home.. oops!), and I can still work out and go to work like normal!
I noticed today that in 10 weeks I have a scheduled c-section! Time is running out!!

2 comments:

Hilary said...

I can't believe you only have 10 weeks to go, it's FLOWN by!!! Glad to hear that things went well today and yay for technology to catch the placenta previa (even though you are already having a c-section)!

Abbey said...

Wonderful news - glad things are progressing well and things look good! You're going to be holding a sweet baby girl before you know it!