Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, March 14, 2008

We might have a small one..

Yesterday was my 3 week check up on our little girl without a name.. :)
My appointment was at 2:30 and lasted until after 4:30. Ugh! Especially with a two year old, strapped down in her stroller, it can get a bit exhausting! Thankfully Ryan comes with me!

Baby is..
1. Still a girl, no boy parts have "popped up" and they are pretty confident that none will.
2. Weighing in at 1 pound 10 oz.
3. In the 18 percentile, meaning she's on the small side. I know, I know, I asked myself the same question.. How? Ryan and I are NOT small people, how could we have a small baby? But, due to my blood pressure the growth is a bit slowed. So, that's why Dr. Klein (my high risk doc) made me come in 3 weeks after my last appointment.
4. growing, but not as fast as Dr. Klein would like to see. However, her head did grow a centimeter in 3 weeks and her tummy grew 2 centimeters! Which is a great sign!!
5. Worrying Dr. Klein about pre-term labor since I've been feeling a bit dizzy lately and have been having contractions. She checked my cervix and she thought that it was looking on the short side and the placenta is super close to my cervix. So.. she then told me that I had to stop working out and not be walking around for more than 30 min at a time! I was a little shocked with the news.. But then this morning I received a message from her and she said that it was a false alarm, my test saying that I would be going into labor in the next 2 weeks came back negative and that she had looked at the image wrong and my cervix is fine. Phew! So, I can resume normal activity! Yay me!

Long story short, everything is fine! I have to watch my contractions, call if I'm dizzy, and keep paying attention to what my body is telling me (if I feel sick or faint). I go back in 3 weeks again to make sure that she is still putting on weight and growing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What an awesome ultrasound picture! Glad to hear that everything is progressing well. :-)

Hilary said...

Phew!!! I was worried there for a minute (plus selfishly I would miss you in SS class!!). Thanks for the update and I will continue to send good thoughts your way :)