Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 6, 2008

The joy of sharing..

This morning when I went in to release Payton from her room (when she wakes up she gets out of bed and starts to play quietly in her room. I usually hear her carrying on a conversation with her babies or toys) I noticed she had some small bumps on her cheeks. I wasn't too terribly concerned, but they definitly raised a little worry in the back of my mind.
She and I then went downstairs like we normally do to eat breakfast together. After we were done, I took her back upstairs so we could get ready for Stroller Strides and that's when I noticed more bumps, but on the soles and on the tops of her feet. Then I looked at her hands and she had bumps on them as well. Short story even longer, Payton has "Hand Foot Mouth Syndrome", sounds much worse than what it is. The doctor said that there isn't a need to treat it due to the fact that it goes away on its own and for us to just keep an eye on her for a fever. The doc also said that she caught it from another child and it's super contagious for kids 6mo-4years and there's a large outbreak in our area currently so to not worry about keeping her too isolated from other kids, because the likelihood that they would catch it anyways is great. Well, Payton and I decided to stay home from class and just hang out together..

This picture of her feet was taken a couple of hours after she had woken up. Payton is acting like a normal 2 year old and isn't bothered by this at all. She doesn't have a fever and the rash doesn't seem to be spreading. Oh, and she's only contagious for the first two days of the rash and then two days following the disappearance of it too.
So the moral of the story is, when your mom tells you to share, think about what she means by "sharing". This season Payton has a lot of stuff "shared" with her. :)

5 comments:

Hilary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hilary said...

Oh no!!! Poor Payton, I feel like you JUST got her better from her ear infection, yuck!! Hopefully we'll see you both soon.

Abbey said...

Poor Payton! Caitlin was exposed a couple of weeks ago, but never got it and one of my good friend's daughters has it right now in LA. Weird! Must be everywhere this winter! Hope she feels better soon.

The Rosier Family said...

Poor kid! No fun for any of you! If you can soak her in an Aveeno oatmeal bath, it'll help the rash and not itch her. Good luck! :)

Natalie said...

I hope Payton is feeling better. At least she looks cute with a rash :)