Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, September 14, 2009

Went a little Loon-y

Ryan, the girls and I headed to Loon Lake, WA to visit my parents who have a house right on the lake. Last year the girls and I took a couple of trips and would like to do so every year. This year, Ryan was able to join us and the four of us had such a great time spending the week with my Dad and Step-mom. We feel so spoiled that we had the opportunity to visit. Payton looks forward to it and is already talking about going next year, but wants to go without Mommy and Daddy.
Payton and Grandpa making pancakes


One of the neighbor's dogs. He was "fishing". There were a bunch of fish swimming around right there and at one point, he dove in to catch one. Sadly, no luck..


Payton swam from the beach to the end of the dock all on her own! I was shocked standing in the lake and her swimming away from me. I sadly forgot my camera, but thankfully Grandma was standing on the dock taking pictures of my brave little girl!!

Payton "adopted" a frog while we were there. She discovered it in one of Grandma's flower pots and named him Ribbit. Every time she would hear him croaking outside, she would go running to find him.


Gracie lounging on the boat. They both did so well on the boat!



While we were there, my dad made cement steps leading from the dock up to the grass and had saved a step to put the Girl's hand prints in it. My step-brother's children had visited a few weeks earlier, so their hand prints were on a couple of the other steps. I love that their hand prints from this summer will forever be at the lake!!!

Gracie tried squeezing the cement, so we did her footprints instead.


Ryan flew home on Tuesday while the three of girls stayed until Friday.

Making cookie dough for homemade ice cream!
Making ice cream. It was so yummy!!!!




visiting Great-Grandma Ev (my step-mom Rosie's step-mom) I've known her since I was twelve. I try and visit her whenever I make it over to Spokane.

Playing at GG Ev's house


We had a fabulous time at the Lake! When we are there, we feel like there is nothing we need to do and can truly relax. Ryan and I got to go on a date night, which was so appreciated, the girls got spoiled with hugs and kisses from Grandpa and Grandma, we swam, we slept, we drank coffee on the deck in the early morning hours, had wonderful conversation, and add another year at the lake to our memory books.
Thank you Dad and Rosie for having us over, we had a wonderful time! Thank you also for all of your help with the girls!! Love you..

2 comments:

Nadine Peters said...

looks like you had so much fun! so happy you are back and can't wait to see you and the girls soon!

The Dewey Family said...

Such wonderful memories. We had a great time, too. Wish it could have been for longer. Looking forward to seeing you on Oct. 3 for your Dad's Birthday celebration.

Love you.... Rosie