Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, September 14, 2009

And the award of Mommy of the Year goes to...

Not me!!! Gracie got a fat lip WHILE we were at the doctor for Payton!
Ok, so this is what happened.. Payton had had a cough for about a week and Ryan and I didn't think it was much to worry about. But since she is starting school, we wanted to rule out any sort of sickness so she could attend her first day! SO, last week I took her to the doc's office.
Picture it, Payton sitting up on the exam table, me and Gracie in one of the chairs. Gracie's squirming, like normal, and wants to sit by herself. I put Gracie in the chair next to me, next to the wall so there was support on either side of her. The nurse was talking to me and I was turning to face the nurse and within 2.2 seconds we heard a thud, gasp, and wail! Yes, Gracie fell on the floor. Her front tooth nicked the inside of her lip, causing it to instantly swell. The doctor was in the exam room next to ours with another patient and heard the thud and scream and came over right away. At first he couldn't tell if she was going to need stitches, but thankfully, she didn't. Phew!



I couldn't get a good picture of how big her lip was. It got about as large as a peanut m&m. Thankfully the swelling has come down almost fully, but it's still black and blue inside. Our poor babe!
Oh, and Payton is just fighting the cough on her own. She doesn't hasn't had a fever since we took her and she hasn't been complaining about her ears, so all is good with Payton!!

No comments: