Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, June 15, 2009

Gracie Alexa Zdenek

This past Saturday, our little coconut turned ONE!! Sniff sniff..
Ryan and I can't believe that our baby girl is now one, and now considered a toddler not a baby.
One year ago, Ryan and I welcomed another beautiful little girl to our wonderful family. Gracie came as a welcomed surprise. Unlike Payton, we weren't "trying" for Gracie, but were SO VERY excited that she choose us as her parents!
born at 9:26 a.m. on June 13th, 2008
weighing in at 6lbs. 14 oz. and 19 1/2" long
She was perfect! Everything that Ryan, Payton and I prayed for.
Our doctor decided to deliver her early due to her lack of movement. Dr. Skrypzak figured that it was time for our little coconut to enter the world, and we were ready to meet her!
Gracie was born with beautiful red hair. I was shocked when the nurse brought her to me! I thought they hadn't cleaned her off yet, but nope! She has RED hair! She gets it from both Ryan and my sides of the family.

Ryan and I were both a little nervous on how Payton would take to being a big sister, but she has been everything that we would've asked for. Payton LOVES Gracie and tries to protect her.
We were so excited to take our little girl home and start our lives as a family of four. BUT we were also very nervous. How were we going to juggle having two kids?? We had forgotten what it was like to have a newborn in the house.
Thankfully, Gracie was easy. She slept a lot, she was an excellent eater, and only cried when she was hungry or needed her diaper changed. A LOT different than our first time around! ;)
One month down, we were in the swing of things!
We couldn't get enough of her smiles and thankfully at two months, she was right now schedule.
Was rolling over by three months..
Trying to crawl by four.
So happy still at five months.
Couldn't stop her from trying to move at six..
At seven, she was off and there was no stopping her from crawling EVERYWHERE!
Gracie has brought us so much happiness and is such a love.
She a little cuddle bug and we can't get enough of her
Even at ten months, her personality was still growing.

I can't believe my little girl is one. It makes me so sad that the first year has come and gone so fast. We're excited for this next year too though.
Gracie, your daddy and I are so happy of the little girl that you are and look forward to what the future has in store for you! We love you so much and thank you for choosing us to be your parents!!!!! We truly feel blessed!
I love you baby girl.

No comments: