Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Brunch with Santa

Every year Mill Creek Country Club has a Christmas brunch with Santa for their members and guests. This past Sunday Ryan, Payton, Gracie and I joined my grandparents and brother Ryan, sister-in-law Rachael, and our two nephews Trent and Kaden for this fun tradition. There was so much food and a lot of fun things for the kids to do.
Of course Santa was there for some great photo opts. Trent and Kaden were so good sitting with Santa and we were hoping once Payton saw her cousins sit with him, she would be more willing.
So we eased her in and started snapping away. Of course I couldn't get picky if there was a smile on her or not.

And then we added Gracie. Gracie was hungry and wanted a taste of Santa's beard. Thankfully Santa was quick and held on tight. The beard was slowly coming unattached.. if you know what I mean. :)
Gracie was not about to let go of the beard and the kids of course thought it was funny. Payton sat there like a good girl though, but didn't want to get too close to the bearded man.

Kaden, Trent, and my brother Ryan
We all sat down and started our feast! There was SO much food and of course it was all you can eat. We arrived very hungry, but after the first plate, we weren't sure if we could even go back for more. AND of course there was a HUGE dessert table too as well as prime rib, ham, waffles, pancakes, fruit, potatoes, sausage, bacon, crepes, muffins, doughnuts, croissants, etc. I can't even list everything that was there. The food was super yummy!
Back of Payton's head, my grandpa Gail, my Grandma Claire, and Kaden
The club had crafts for the kids to do too. They made foam gingerbread houses, bracelets and Penguin thermometers. I was trying to have Payton hold off a little bit so we could go and get a picture of her and Gracie together with Santa, but no such luck.

There was also face painting. The lady did an amazing job! If you can't tell what it is, it's a reindeer.
Here's Trent's thermometer and bracelet.

Trent got a reindeer too!

My wonderful Grandparents! I'm so lucky to have them in my life!!!!!
Bapa and Great Grandma
On our way out, Santa asked if we wanted a family picture, so of course we took him up on the offer. We also attempted to get a picture of the girls with him too. I'm sure Santa felt safer with Gracie being in her car seat!
Here's the family!
Standing: Bapa, Grandma, Ryan holding Payton, and my brother Ryan
Seated: Kaden, Rachael, Trent, Gracie, Santa and me (trying to hide a sippy cup)
Payton and Gracie with Santa
Payton thought Santa was so funny! He kept talking to Gracie and Payton would laugh so hard!

My beautiful little girls

We had a lot of fun at brunch. It's a fun tradition and I'm looking forward to doing it again next year.

No comments: