Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Brianna gets married

Warning: Long post ahead. You might want to go to the restroom and grab a drink before reading..
Saturday, August 1st, my cousin Brianna married her best friend, Ryan. The planned a destination wedding at Semiahmoo Resort in Blaine, WA.
I was Brianna's mom and dad's flower girl when they got married 27 years ago, and my brother was their ring-bearer. So Brianna asked our children to be in her wedding and of course our kids couldn't have been happier to participate!
On Friday July 31st, Brianna picked me up at 7:30 a.m. to head up to the resort to help my sister-in-law Rachael arrange bouquets, centerpieces, boutonnieres, etc. I'm not much help in the floral department, but was more than willing to be Rachael's "go-fer".
Brianna ordered bunches of roses and calla lilies from Costco and picked them up that morning.
Brianna's bouquet

Rachael making boutonnieres


Centerpiece in the making

For the end of the aisle
Rehearsal time! Here are my little girls ready to practice being flower girls

My nephew Kaden and Payton practicing

My nephew Trent (who was Ryan's and my ring-bearer six years ago) carrying Gracie since she didn't want to walk down the aisle.


Rehearsal dinner
The next morning, August 1st was wedding day! The girls needed to be ready for pictures by 2, so I started on Payton's hair around 1. I didn't know how well Payton's hair would hold curls and how well she would sit still, so I wanted to get a goo head start.


Getting ready for pics









Gracie fell asleep 20 minutes before the ceremony started.. wouldn't you know!


Uncle Peter and Aunt Tammy (my mom's middle sister)

Grandpa's remembrance candle on the left, Ryan and Brianna's unity candle, and Brianna's Grandad's remembrance candle on the right

The arch way that Rachael created


Brianna and Josh's Grandma Sandy, my cousin Josh, and my Grandma Claire

Mother of the Bride, my aunt Leslie (my mom's youngest Sister) and my cousin Josh
Payton didn't want to drop any flowers. Every time one would fall she would pick it back up.

The first time Ryan saw Brianna


Aunt Leslie and Uncle Chris lighting their Dad's remembrance candles.

Brianna made a beautiful bride! Grandpa's rosary was wrapped into her bouquet and I know that Grandpa was smiling down on her!




Mr. and Mrs. Black

Cocktail hour

We stopped Payton from twirling so we could get a family picture. She wasn't very pleased with us! Would you expect anything else?




The favors
You filled up your own boxes with whichever candy you wanted. Such a great idea!!!

Payton couldn't resist putting her finger in the cake. Even after I told her to look, not touch. What do you expect from a three year old with a sweet tooth??
Rachael did such a beautiful job on the flowers!!!!
My sister-in-law Rachael and my brother Ryan
(yes, there are now three Ryans in our family!)

Kaden and Rachael


Father and mother of the bride
Trent, Josh, Payton and Kaden



Brianna was going to dance with our Grandpa to "What a Wonderful World", so Ryan and Grandma danced to it instead.
Congratulations Ryan and Brianna! The wedding was absolutely beautiful and so much fun! Cheers to a lifetime of happiness and love!
We love you!

No comments: