Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

You mean we can actually talk without interruptions??

Last Friday our friends Jason, Nika, and their daughter Kiley had planned to came over to have dinner. When Ryan called me to let me know our plans, I came up with a bright idea to leave all three of the girls at home with Ryan and Jason and for Nika and I to go to dinner. Thankfully he thought it was a great idea as well!
I can't remember the last time Nika and I went out for longer than an hour or two without the girls. It was so nice to be able to sit in the bar, have a cocktail, hear each other talk without being interrupted, or having to tell someone to stay in her seat, or pick food up off the floor or cut food into little pieces (I could go on for hours, but I'll spare you!).
We started out at Red Robin (one of my favorites that sadly I don't get to go to very often) and then we went to a movie following. We didn't get back to my house until close to one in the morning and Ryan and Jason were watching a movie and had all three girls asleep.
Friday was very needed and very appreciated! I look forward to our next date!

No comments: