Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Payton Abigail is THREE!

This past Monday, my little bug turned three years old. I can't believe that three years ago, Ryan and I became first time parents to a beautiful little girl.
We prayed to get pregnant, and finally after trying for just about two years, it finally happened. Nine quick months later, we welcomed Payton Abigail Zdenek to the world. She arrived via C-section on February 2nd, 2006. She was a breech baby. A couple of weeks prior to her due date, my mid-wife and another doctor preformed a version, but were unsuccessful at turning her. Therefore, scheduling a c-section on February 2nd.
Payton arrived at 7:32 a.m. She weighed in at 7lbs. 15 oz and was 19 1/4" long.
Ryan and I were in love the moment we saw her. She came out bottom first and pooping. Yes, pooping. :) We all laughed about it in the operating room.

Payton Abigail: Ryan liked the name Payton from Walter Payton (from the Chicago Bears). We had discussed a few names prior to our Payton being born, but we both agreed on her name as we were driving to the hospital that Thursday morning February 2nd (it didn't dawn on me that her name was coming from Mr. Walter Payton, until after we were all in the hospital room and visitors were there). Her middle name Abigail is from my grandpa's name Gail, a very influential person in my life!
The day we brought Payton home, Ryan and I were both a little nervous. I would've liked to have stayed in the hospital for another few weeks to a year, but Ryan was anxious to get home and get adjusted. I wanted to take the nurses home with us! ;)
Two weeks into being new parents, we had a "routine" down. She would cry and we would jump at whatever she needed. All we wanted to do was love her and take care of everything she ever needed. Still to this day, that is our goal.

6 months
Payton has brought many smiles to our faces and we are still just as in love with her as the day she was born!
The first year flew by! We couldn't believe she was growing up so fast.
Just shy of 18 months..
Payton has always been fearless on everything that she does.

Two years and so sweet!
Two and a half and growing like a weed!
Payton will always be my baby! She has such a wonderful personality and is a wonderful big sister. Ryan and I are so proud of her and look forward to her future!
Three years
At her three year appointment last Friday, Payton was 39" tall and 36 pounds (fully clothed). She is in the 90% for her height and 95% for her weight. Dr. Haugen said she is very proportionate for her size and thinks she's in the middle of a growth spurt due to her current loss of appetiete and sleep habits.. we'll see if she grows out of more clothes.
I still can't believe my baby girl is three! The past three years have flown by! I wish I could slow it down a bit, but know that that's not possible. All I can do is enjoy everyday with her.
We love you Payton! Happy third Birthday!

2 comments:

The Dewey Family said...

I love your new background. What a cute idea to give a picture story of Payton's life on her 3rd birthday.

How in the world do you find time to do the blog with working? You're amazing..

Love you...
Rosie

Abbey said...

Looking at this pics brought back memories for me! She was just 16 months old when we met you. Where does the time go? I really wish life would slow down!!