Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Tiffany's bridal shower

This past Saturday we had a bridal shower for Tiffany. Tiffany is one of my best friends whom I swear we were separated at birth. We have so much in common, love to cause trouble together at the mall, and have actually been asked if we are related, more than a handful of times (I don't see it, but whatever). Her fiance Calen, is one of Ryan's good friends too! This May, Calen and Tiffany are getting married and Tiffany asked me to be in their wedding. Of course, I was honored and said absolutely! I'm so excited!!!
Saturday we had a "Sex and the City" themed bridal shower. That's one of Tiffany's favorite movies. Rachel, her maid of honor, did a great job putting little S.A.T.C. touches throughout the day. Rachel had asked me to bring the cake so I wanted to make one instead of purchasing it. Oh boy, what did I get myself into! Of course I wanted them from scratch, no boxed cake here, and I wanted to make cupcakes. I researched and researched trying to find a yummy chocolate cupcake recipe. Then I needed icing.. well, long story short I found this recipe from The Magnolia bakery in New York and I read that they had shown this bakery on S.A.T.C.! Sold! They turned out really yummy and pretty cute! And I did it all by myself and from scratch! Thankfully I had Nika there (see posting below) to make sure I was doubling the recipe correctly. Thanks Nik!
The finished product. They were very yummy!!
Miss Gracie

The Bride to be~ Tiffany


Opening gifts

The bridesmaids with the bride
From left to right: Lindsey, Mary, Rachel, Tiffany, Nika and myself
I can't believe that Tiff and Calen's wedding is eight weeks away. Now that her first shower has already come and gone, Memorial Day weekend is going to be here before we know it!

No comments: