Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Early morning snail and worm hunting

Lately Payton's been into looking for snails. When we are outside she wants to lift up rocks or dig in the dirt and see if we can find any. Now a couple of the neighbor kids come over to help us too if they see us out there digging.
One morning Payton woke me up and asked if we could go out looking before we headed to school. She and I bundled up, still in our pajamas, and headed outside. She didn't want to go back inside until we found THREE snails. Not worms. Snails. Thankfully we did. The whole time I was thinking, "it's cold out here and I'm standing in my front yard in my jammies." Truthfully I loved every second of our snail hunting on that early morning, but I was very thankful we found our snails sooner than later.
A week or two ago, I decided to take the camera outside with me while I was weeding our front beds. Here's a couple of snails we found as well as a worm.

Ick! Payton was excited though and that's what mattered.

The one on the right Payton named "Melissa". :)
Gracie digging for worms too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Zdeneks, Do you know that Forex Is Highest Paying Keyword in Google Adsense? Learn how to use Forex here: