Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree

We've had our Christmas tree up since the end of November, so I figure it's about time I post about it. Ryan and I used to go out and cut a tree down, or purchase one for the local boy scout troops until a couple of years ago my grandparents purchased a new artificial one. They offered their old one to us, so of course I couldn't resist accepting it! So now every year, I take our tree out of the box and put each individual limb into the tree. It's a process, but it's well worth the work!
Our tree is decorated with ornaments that Ryan and I have collected through the years since we've been together. Every vaction we go on, I make a point to purchase an ornament. It's fun to look back and see an ornament from when we were in Chicago in 2003, or our first Christmas together in 2001 or our new home in 2003, Vegas in 2005 etc. There are also a few from each of our childhoods. There is one that Ryan made in 1983! It'll be fun to explain to Payton that her Daddy was 6 when he made it.Our tree is pretty bare with decorations towards the bottom. Payton likes to rearrange them or add her own decor to the tree. One night I found her sippy cup tucked towards the base of the tree, but at her level to where she could see it. I find Gracie's toys occasionally hanging off the tree as well! It's too funny!

We used to have a glass snowflake atop our tree, but it broke last year. My step mom embroidered this beautiful Angel for us! It's absolutely gorgeous and the picture doesn't do it any justice!! She completes our tree wonderfully!! Thank you Rosie for our Angel!!
Gracie likes to think that the tree and all of its ornaments are her personal mobile. She'll lay under it and look up at the decorations and lights. Thankfully she hasn't pulled any off or down onto her.
I can't believe that Christmas is tomorrow! Our tree is slowly filling up underneath with gifts for the girls from us and gifts for everyone else. I wonder how full it's going to be tomorrow after Santa comes! ;)

No comments: